One of the coolest things you’ll see all season is this hotel in Bali. The part, is that it’s not that pricey, depending on when you stay there. The value for money and sheer “WOW” factor are incredible.
Perched 70 metres above sea level on the cliffs of Bali’s southernmost peninsula with unrivalled panoramic views of the Indian Ocean, Banyan Tree Ungasan has one of the most amazing spots in the world. From this view, it looks like you’re sitting on top of a tropical paradise.
This is how we like to holiday!
Sunset are special here because of these two amazing things
- The location of the pool is perfectly aligned with the sunsetting in from a 90 degree angle, so you get the most sunlight from the resort.
- From inside the resort you can see an extended sunset for 1 hour after ‘dark’
These two features make the sunset’s seem to last for hours and because of the tropical climate, the temperature is perfect for a relaxing event by the pool or a meal where the sunset lasts the entire time. We haven’t found any other place like this in the world. If you’re really into sunsets or ambiance, being strategic about what rooms you book is beneficial here.
From a large majority of their rooms, the sunset is visible, but there are a few rooms where the combination of the deck and pool make it look infinity, and for a three hour sunset, that makes it worth while. Here’s our favorite facing room during the best lighting of the day.
If you’re going on a special holiday, you’ll want to stay in their Honeymoon suite. Here’s why…
As an additional resource, the resort has a ton of things for you to do while visiting.
Check out these luxury couple activities…
- Eat on the side of a cliff
- Spa like nowhere else on earth
- BBQ inside your villa with a private chef
- Exclusive resort-only photo stops for special occasions
- Bath set up with oils, champagne and more
- Balinese yoga at sunset
- Cliff diving and swimming in the Indian Ocean
- Have fun at a Moroccan bar
- East seafood you caught from the Indian ocean
Our favorite is probably the fine dining on the cliff face, or in room BBQ. You can actually have someone come and bring all the supplies and cook for you in your villa, at a reasonable price.
The resort also offers cooking classes, private tours and basically any kind of luxury service you can imagine. If you want to see more, check out their virtual tour. This resort is one of a kind and re-claiming luxury as a personalized experience specifically built for each guest that visits. The villas are tucked away and arranged so it feels like a private retreat.
If you’re wanting to head to Bali, we’ve seen some really great prices from New York, Perth, Sydney and Los Angeles...