If packing for a trip is your worst nightmare, never fear. I have some tips and tricks for traveling in style. Grab your cute carry-on, put on a silk scarf, and get ready to take off!
- The perfect little white dress is a must-have for any tropical destination. A textured fabric like lace or crochet is a great option because it doesn’t wrinkle as easily as cotton or silk.
- I always roll my clothes instead of folding them because it decreases the amount of possible wrinkles as well as saves space in my suitcase.
- A super secret of mine and something I ALWAYS do before a trip is to take an iPhone photo of each outfitI’m bringing, in order to easily chose my outfits each day and night, simply by flicking through the photos. This also helps avoid over-packing.
- Be sure to pack shoes and accessories that can be worn with multiple outfits. Pack bold accessories like statement necklaces or scarves to update your look.
- Always pack a cotton or cashmere scarf. On the plane, I use mine as a sleep mask or you can use this as a blanket for your children. It can even be used as a sarong in warm-weather destinations.
And of course, this goes without saying, but I will say it anyway…..Bikini’s, swimwear & resort wear. When you are traveling to a tropical destination, beach going is key and I tend to spend majority of my time in a swimsuit. I usually take a minimum of 5 swimsuits, some more practical for swimming and sunbaking and others with a fashionable edge for beach bars and poolside cocktail sipping. Always remember to take a versatile cover-up which can be worn over swimsuits and doubles as kaftan over a night outfit like our ‘One Before Eight’ maxi robe shown in the images below.
Our newest Efflorescence collection was recently shot in London, and is dropping into stores for Spring 2016, we hope you enjoy a sneak peek into the collection.
Stay safe & always have fun!..